Day 3

Today I went to the Cambodian Mutual Assistance Association (CMAA) in Lowell, MA with my dad. This nonprofit aids Cambodian Americans. CMAA can help them with anything from renewing their green card to teaching young kids how to play a traditional Cambodian drum. We were warmly greeted, when we stepped into the building. We had a solid tour and met many smiling faces. I had the pleasure to meet the executive director, Sovanna Pouv. We sat down and he told me a little bit about his story about growing up in America as an immigrant after the Cambodian Regime. I also talked to two young women who were raised in cambodia and migrated to America. Afterwards, I interviewed my friend Vanny. She is seventeen years old. She was born in cambodia and she was adopted and raised in America. It was great to see an old friend and I got some interesting answers that you all can see when you come see me at expressfest!

Hours: 8

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 10

Day 1

Day 4